Monday, January 26, 2009

Holidays, sickness and work

Hello all and happy 2009!

I'm sorry there's been such a gap between this post and last post. With the holidays, work and me being sick, there hasn't been much time for me to post. I'm hoping to get back on track and keep you posted on my progress (or lack thereof) on my GPS Golf project.

In the spirit of this project, I went out and tried my hand at a round of golf this past Saturday and have played what is probably my worst round EVER since I've been married and moved down to Florida. I posted a 118, with at least 3 holes of 10 strokes! The other big change was that I also posted many 3 putts, which is a rarity for me usually. What is the cause of this abomination? My tempo was off, I could barely breath (breathing through my mouth, except when swinging, which raised my blood pressure I'm sure) and the fact that I'm following a friend's suggestion and changed golf balls from Nike Distance to Bridgestone e6+. Golf balls don't mess your game you say? I disagree... especially if they add about 20 yards to your distance and have enough spin to stop (or backspin) once they hit the green. Try to figure out during all this disarray which club to hit to reach the center of the green which is 156 yards away... oh and don't forget that your normal 7 iron won't do now that it's 170 yards and not 150 yards! Anywho, I have work to do. I have to work on my tempo, keep strenghtening my fingers and get better health wise. The only worthy shots to note are a 60 yards chip in the hole and a 42 foot down side hill put to save par.

With all that said, you have a good week!

Sebastien

No comments:

Post a Comment